Saturday, October 3, 2015

Day One: Anticipation

My arms feel abuzz with nervous energy and excitement. Today is day one. It is the first day of public accountability; transparency like a tree shedding it's leaves for all to see what is underneath. Did I say public? Yes. Nervous excitement is definitely there.

Image found on 365Daysofinspiration.wordpress.com
WHAT TRANSPARENCY FEELS LIKE




The rain from the now out to sea Hurricane Joaquin has stopped for now. I hear the motor hum from the neighborhood water pump station. All is well. God answered our prayers to turn the storm out to sea. He certainly can answer this one, too.



"Help me, Lord."



I like hiding. It feels safer there for my inner introvert. In spite of that, today I come to play full out in front of God and everybody. Here it goes...




Last night I made final changes to MyFitness Pal (MFP) on the computer (based on the numbers from www.kimmerleplan.com BMR calculator). The MFP app is running on my smart phone. All measurements, weight and goals have been recorded on a Ketopia 10 Day Reset Program record sheet. All set.


Reset #1 Before

 

I got a solid 8 hours sleep last night. I felt rested, though sleep was still in my eyes as I had decaf keto coffee, and drank my favorite multi-vitamins and digestive enzymes (to help with fat digestion). An hour later I prepared the KetonX drink with 10 ounces water. As I emptied the powder packet into the glass, a pleasant orange aroma met my nose.

This drink has to be made fresh each time or it loses it's effectiveness. (If I opt to drink half the KetonX in the morning and the other half in the afternoon, I will need to make each half fresh just before consuming it. This means I would need to save half the powder to mix in with half the water later.)

image found on my upline's web site.


At first taste I spied stevia, orange and slight saltiness. The second sip was smoother. I think I might like to try a little cream in it tomorrow instead of having the keto coffee. But it tastes fine the way it is. It is not thick like a smoothie. It is more robust than pulp-less juice. I can do this.

I have never timed myself to drink or eat anything before. Ketopia guidelines suggest taking 30-45 minutes to sip on this drink. It made me slow down. What a great time to write, listen to podcasts, to pray, to read, or to think! I love slow mornings. I suppose if I needed to get out the door, I could mix it in a to go bottle then sip it on the run.

BNI Peninsula Prosperity BNI is #1. Just sayin.'


My mouth felt kind of dry after drinking the last bit of KetonX. WATER. Must have water. I will sip on water all day and keep track of water consumption in My Fitness Pal.

So far, so good.

I got hungry 2 1/2 hours after KetonX but did not make the Dough Bite until a half hour hour later, when I was finished with a business call. (RABBIT HOLE: My upline trainer, Dave, gave me the idea to buy a domain name that forwards to a nifty exclusive XTribe Building System web page for my home based business, simplifying the networking part. See www.simplebusiness.us to see part of what I mean).


Scrumptious. Delicious Dough Bite. You wanna try this!


I slathered on butter and ate some Brazil nuts and peanuts with the Dough Bite's crunchy yumminess. My Fitness Pal let me know that I over spent  on calories with the peanuts. Next time,I will add the food I intend to eat onto the app first, then look at total before I eat, so I can be sure I do not overdo it. (The app makes it simple to delete foods once added.)

I am full, warm, happy and satisfied.

So far so good.

My 30 minute work out felt good. I went on the ecliptical thingy at the gym then came back and made FIXX with 8 ounces of water and 2 TBSP fresh, raw cream and ice, added it to the snack category on MFP app, and enjoyed it thoroughly. I am full.

So far so good. YEAH. This is not hard.

I forgot about the Peetopia sticks that checks for excess ketones in the urine until hours after taking the KetonX drink. When I used one, I did not have ketones in my urine. I would imagine that is probably because of last night's last hurrah: a large piece of double chocolate cake PLUS and additional 3 chocolate cookies that I ate. Why did I do that to myself? The fear of deprivation, maybe? Oh my.

ketone checker sticks AKA: "Peetopia Sticks"
Not mine. Got this pic from upline's web site


Prepare the body for Ketopia they said. Begin to cut back on sugars and carbs they said. Did I do that? Nope.I had one last blaze of carb craziness. Sigh.


Dinner: Leftover herbed and garlic pasture raised chicken legs, with fresh steamed mustard and  turnip greens, with spring onions and serano peppers. Raw salad made from argula greens, fresh picked tomato and cucumbers with parmesean cheese, olive oil and raspberry kombucha dressing.

I am not really hungry for dinner right now. It is cooking and will be finished soon. On a positive note, I have no carb cravings. The chocolate cake has been staring at me from the kitchen counter all day, (thank you, dear husband)  and I do not want it. That is pretty cool.

I feel energetic. I feel excited.  I am hopeful and expectant.

My sister is proud of me,  my mom, my daughter, and boat loads of friends all want to know how the Ketopia 10 Day Rest will go with me. So this is my Day One.

What will your day one look like? Try it and see.

Getting fit with you,
Dr. Carol ND

www.simplebusiness.us
www.BlastingFatOff.com

757-932-0063 text or voicemail
















2 comments: