Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Day 3 Determination

Has anyone ever said,"Determination is the stuff dreams are made of?" If not, I just said it.

Decision, Effort, Determination, Persistence. All of these are required. Doing something new in front of God and everybody is very difficult for me, yet here I am, completely immersed head to toe. I did not jump in with both feet. I went all in based upon the results of other people I saw succeeding PLUS the "OMG-I -want-that-for-me, -too" factor.

Joy's results


No change since last weigh-in.  Joy's results will be my inspiration for the day.


What the before and after photos do not show is the very real mental struggles. "Can I do this? Is it working for me? What if I fail?" They do not show the mental comparisons between me and another person. "How come that man lost 10 pounds in a week, and I did not?"  We do not consider the very real life, behind the scene scenarios. At least I do not. I just see what I want and go for it full blast ahead, one step at a time, as the next step presents itself, without thinking much or talking much about it.


Joy's husband, Dave.


Because I chose to do this in public, I am forced to write about it openly. Maybe it will help you persevere. Maybe it will help you become more successful by avoiding my mistakes. Maybe I can inspire someone.


The past 2 days I have gotten busy and did not eat regularly. Honestly, this happens more often than I would like to admit. Sunday I ate dinner after 9 pm after not having anything to eat since 2:00pm. Not good for blood sugar levels. Not good for weight management. Skipping meals slows metabolism. Yesterday I was trying to upload 2300  (not an exaggeration) photos from old cell phone onto my computer to make room for a super nifty, make network marketing simple app for my business. (If you are on my team, ask me about it.) I forgot to bring the single pack pouch of FIXX meal replacement drink with me. I could have easily mixed it with water at the office. It travels well, blends easily and tastes great. I ended up not eating anything from noonish to about 5:30 pm.  My mood suffered for it.(sorry, honey.)





On any wellness plan, not regularly eating enough food and calories,  and not eating enough fat on the ketogenic lifestyle, hinders results. (Refer to Ketogenic Common Mistake # 6 Fear of Fats.

On a positive note, I do have much more mental clarity. I do feel energetic. I am not exhausted when I go to bed but my eyes are heavy, sticky, and feel sleepy. I have no carb cravings, which is a miracle for me, a recovering carb-o-holic.  I do not miss the cakes and cookies. That Dough Bite is a wonderful substitute and it is filling and satisfying. (Unlike the bag of cookies that leaves me wanting another bag). Yesterday the pee stick registered ketones.




There is progress being made. I am grateful. I am ready for Day 4. I am determined. Determination is the stuff dreams are made of.

Getting Fit with you,
Dr. Carol ND

www.simplebusiness.us


No comments:

Post a Comment